- Edwards Aquifer Authority
- The City of New Braunfels
- The City of San Marcos
- The City of San Antonio acting by and through its San Antonio Water System Board of Trustees
- Guadalupe-Blanco River Authority
- Texas State University
- Texas Parks and Wildlife Department (TPWD)
- United States Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS)
2014 Partners in Conservation Awards Ceremony Pictures
The EAHCP was recognized on January 16th 2014 by the Department of the Interior with The Partners in Conservation Award which recognizes outstanding conservation results that have been produced primarily because of the engagement and contributions of many dedicated partners.
- 900 E. Quincy
San Antonio, TX 78215
- P. (210) 222-2204 or 1-800-292-1047
- F. (210) 222-9869
- E-mail: email@example.com
Welcome to EAHCP
*Photos courtesy of U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Dr. John Abott, and Dr. Joachim Nerz
First Report of the National Academy of Science- As defined in the Edwards Aquifer Habitat Conservation Plan, the Edwards Aquifer Authority is in contract with the National Academy of Science to act as an independent Science Review Panel (SRP). The purpose of the SRP is to provide the EAHCP Program Manager, as well as the Implementing, Science and Stakeholder Committees, scientific advice on issues related to the Adaptive Management Process.
“Review of the Edwards Aquifer Habitat Conservation Plan: Report 1” is the first product of this three-phase effort. The first effort focused on a review of the hydrologic and ecological models, water quality and biological monitoring, and applied research. Report 1 finds that overall, the EAA and the other Permittees are doing an excellent job in implementing many aspects of a complex habitat conservation plan, and that addressing several overarching scientific and modeling issues would further strengthen the plan.
On our website you can find:
- The Pre-publication version of the “Review of the Edwards Aquifer Habitat Conservation Plan: Report 1”
- The summary of Report 1, as provided by the National Academy of Science - “Report in Brief”
- The Implementing Committee’s Process and Timeline for review of the recommendations
- Danny Reible's Presentation given to the Implementing Committee at their March 19th Meeting
To locate additional information from the National Academies please visit http://dels.nas.edu/wstb.
To purchase a pre-order paperback of the report from the National Academies Press please visit http://www.nap.edu/catalog/21699/review-of-the-edwards-aquifer-habitat-conservation-plan-report-1.
As defined in the National Academy of Sciences Report 1 Process and Timeline approved by the Implementing Committee at their February 19th meeting, the Stakeholder Committee, and Science Committee, along with the public, will convene to provide open dialogue and comment on the recommendations found in the Review of the Edwards Aquifer Habitat Conservation Plan: Report 1.
This workshop will be held on April 22, 2015 at 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., at the SAWS Building, 2800 U.S. Hwy. 281 North, San Antonio. Please find attached to this notice the agenda for this meeting.
Please follow the link below to access the agenda for the Work Shop:
Incidental Take Permit and Supporting Documents
Army Corps of Engineers Nationwide 27 Permits